Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thoughts

As I sat yesterday cleaning out my children's closets and drawers, I became a bit reflective. Was it 7 years ago that my sweet Lane was born? It feels like I have turned around and the years have flown. I read a blog this morning that quoted someone as saying "the days are long but the years are short." It really hit me. Some days are so trying and difficult but I wake up the next morning and my little Landon is 5 and outgrowing his clothes so fast that he'll soon catch up with his big brother Lane. As I watch the world and this hungry dash for money and power; it occurs to me that the most precious thing is time. Time is always slipping past and its up to us to use it wisely...we can never get it back. The clock will never move backwards for us. As I look at my Kiki in her princess dress up with all the mischievousness of a three year old, I am humbled that God has placed these beautiful creatures in my care for such a short time. My daddy always said ever since I can remember enjoy every moment of your life...it goes by so fast. You'll turn around before you know it and your children will be grown, he would say. He's right, I think as I pack away the small clothes and pull out the bigger sizes.
Tomorrow, I get to be there as my newest nephew is brought into the world...I wonder how fast he'll grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment