Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Big Fish, Bigger Memories

My brother recently decided to keep my dad's boat. It was a difficult decision but one we're glad he made. My dad loved fishing and he was imparting that love to my boys. So, when Lane wanted to go fishing Uncle Scott was happy to oblige. They set out about 9 o'clock and fished for a while. When they drove up it was a grin from ear to ear. My son had caught a good size croppie and had even better memories to go with it. I know my daddy was smiling and laughing; because Lane caught the biggest fish of the day and beat his Uncle Scott. It was a good day fishing in Poppa Mike's Boat. Although the moment was bittersweet, all wishing daddy was there to enjoy the moment, it was a wonderful moment to see the joy in his grandson's face at catching the biggest fish. I loved it and I know daddy did, too!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Lane's gone fishing
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment: